Join us to explore the key points of formula design for PVC cable compound in this informative article.
Magnesium hydroxide is a versatile substance with various applications, including water treatment, building materials, and the cable industry. At Green PVC, we have devoted extensive efforts to harnessing magnesium hydroxide as a flame retardant specifically for cables. We offer Brucite (a mineral form of magnesium hydroxide) B3.5SA for PVC compound. Additionally, our range includes precipitated magnesium hydroxide PM5SN for halogen-free flame retardant cable compound. Excitingly, we have recently developed a new grade called PM3SL for HFFR compound. This innovative solution not only performs excellently but also comes at a lower cost compared with PM5SN.
During our extensive promotion and testing of magnesium hydroxide, we found ourselves flooded with questions from our PVC compound manufacturing customers. And what were they most curious about? The formula of PVC compound. Today, we’re excited to share with you some crucial insights into formula design for PVC cable compound. Get ready for a deep dive into the world of PVC formulas that will leave you feeling inspired and knowledgeable. Let’s get started and enjoy the journey!
What’s Inside? Uncover the Ingredients of Our PVC Compound
Ready to dive into the inner workings of formula design? First, let’s demystify the materials behind the PVC compound formula. By using polyvinyl chloride as the foundational resin and incorporating stabilizers, lubricants, and inorganic fillers, we create the magic. Through a careful process of mixing, kneading, and extrusion, PVC cable compound comes to life.
Now, let’s turn our attention to the crucial elements of PVC formula design. Join us as we explore the selection of PVC resin, stabilizers, lubricants, and inorganic fillers – the building blocks for crafting exceptional PVC cable compound formulas.
PVC cable compound formula: A guide you won’t want to miss
Discover the essential aspects of PVC cable compound formula design.
1. For general sheath grade PVC cable compound, the recommended amounts are as follows: plasticizer (0-60PHR), stabilizer (6-8PHR), lubricant (1.5-2PHR), and filler (10-20PHR).
✅Increase the plasticizer amount if it has poor plasticizing efficiency.
✅When using a large amount of filler, increase the amounts of plasticizer and lubricant accordingly.
✅When using inactive fillers, increase the amounts of plasticizer and lubricant. Adding a 5PHR cold-resistant plasticizer is advised for sheath-level cable compound.
2. For general insulation cable compound, the recommended amounts are as follows: plasticizer (40-50PHR), stabilizer (6-8PHR), lubricant (1-1.5PHR), and filler (10PHR).
3. Avoid using cable materials with DBP that has high volatility.
4. For high-temperature resistance cable compound, use a high-temperature resistance plasticizer and increase the amount of plasticizer. Add 0.3-0.5PHR antioxidant.
5. For cable materials requiring high insulation performance, use fillers like calcined clay. Note that high polymer plasticizers have lower plasticization efficiency, so adjust the amount of plasticizers accordingly during formulation.
6. For creating a transparent compound, it is important to use plasticizers that have good compatibility with the resin. Transparent stabilizers like organotin are recommended, but the amount of lubricant added must be strictly controlled.
7. When designing a formula for flame-retardant cable material, it is advisable to choose a composite flame retardant system.
8. To formulate a high polymerization degree cable compound, compound processing modifiers can be used to improve its processing performance.
9. When formulating a non-migrating compound, polyester or high molecular polymer plasticizers should be chosen.
10. When selecting a compound stabilizer, slightly more dosage should be used compared to stabilizers like tribasic.
11. When the cable material is being processed and used normally, it is important to minimize the amount of stabilizer to avoid excessive use and the “filler effect”.
At Green PVC, we prioritize these standards and offer top-notch PVC compounds that meet all requirements. Join us on an innovative journey and get the latest offers by messaging us today. We value your feedback, so feel free to reach out to us with any suggestions. That wraps up today’s update.